National PTA's Reflections program provides opportunities for recognition and access to the arts which boost student confidence and success in the arts and in life.
Each year, over 300,000 students in Pre-K through Grade 12 create original works of art in response to a student-selected theme. This 50+ year-old program helps them explore their own thoughts, feelings and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence and find a love for learning that will help them become more successful in school and in life.
The 2023–2024 Reflections theme is I am Hopeful Because...
Contest Rules and Paper Entry Forms
English Entry Form
Spanish Entry Form
You may either print and turn in paper forms (links above) to the office OR submit an entry form online below.
Students are encouraged to submit art reflecting the theme I am Hopeful Because... in one or all of the available arts categories:
- Dance Choreography (Coreografía de Danza) — Originally choreographed dance composition presented in a video entry
- Film Production (Producción Cinematográfica) — Original works, with or without sound, of animation, narrative, documentary, experimental or multimedia
- Literature (Literatura)— Original works of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, prose, drama, reflective essay, narrative or short story. Entries must be a single literary work; collections are not accepted.
- Music Composition (Composición Musical) — Original musical composition, with or without words, presented in an audio recording
- Photography (Fotografía) — Color or black and white. Included techniques: Photogram, panorama, photomontage (one print of multiple original photos), single or multiple exposure, negative sandwich.
- Visual Arts (Artistes Visuales—Solo entradas 2D)— Drawing; painting in tempera, oil, acrylic, watercolor or T-shirt paints; computer-generated art; two-dimensional collage; printmaking; needlework; leather tooling (see link for all accepted visual art forms). note: only 2D
- Special Artist Division Guidelines (Artistas Especiales) — The National PTA Special Artist Division is an option for students with disabilities who receive services under IDEA or ADA: Section 504 to have the opportunity and accommodations they may need in order to participate fully in the program.
Submissions are due November 1.
We will be collecting all physical copies of visual artwork, printed literature, and photography to display finalist's work at the district level. After submitting your entry online, please drop physical artwork off in the Bell office.
If you are in need of supplies for the visual art category, we have art kits for loan that students can bring home for creating 2D visual art. Fill out the form HERE and we will deliver a kit to your child's teacher.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday, December 8
- Monday, December 18
- Tuesday, December 19
- Wednesday, December 20
- Thursday, December 21
- Friday, December 22
- Saturday, December 23
- Sunday, December 24