Below are links to announcements and resources that may be beneficial to the Bell community
Path Forward / Return to School
- Lake Washington School District Communications:
- Lake Washington School District will offer full in-person learning, five days per week in the 2021-22 school year.
- For the 2021-22 school year, the State of Washington has allowed school districts to offer online learning for students who are unable to return in-person due to health and safety needs.
- More info: https://www.lwsd.org/pathway-forward
- Bell Elementary Communications:
- Bell’s Return to School Video Part #1
- Bell's Return to School Video Part #2
- Slideshows on Bell's safety protocols and hybrid learning model
- If you have questions about the Covid Safety Plan, please use this form from the school or contact our principal, Brian Story (firstname.lastname@example.org), and the assistant principal, Sara Schmied (email@example.com).
Jump Start is an exciting new transition program at Bell. This orientation to school serves as a kind of "day camp" for incoming kindergarteners to come to their new school, meet staff and peers, and practice kindergarten routines. More information about the program
Jump Start is FREE and takes place from 9:00 am to 11:30am August 11th through 13th.
Please RSVP at: https://bit.ly/3gBubvR
Bell's Recent School Newsletters
School Principal Newsletters
- June 4, 2021 - Bell Elementary School Newsletter: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Russian
- May 21, 2021 - Bell Elementary School Newsletter: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Russian
Bell Music Newsletters
Bell Library Newsletters
- Attestation forms. These should be completed and brought to school every day.
- In person students and staff are expected to wear properly fitting face masks at all times. Exceptions are made for the following circumstances:
- Temporarily needing to lower them to eat or drink (note that students will not be allowed to eat or drink in the classroom, but rather will have designated places for eating and drinking)
- Students or staff qualify for a medical exemption, in which case alternative personal protective equipment will be identified.
- A specific task prohibits the use of a face mask (such as speech therapy), in which case alternative personal protective equipment will be identified.
- Here is a social story to read with your child to help prepare them for wearing a mask at school: https://paautism.org/resource/wearing-mask-social-story/
Students should bring an extra mask to school every day
Arrival and Pick-Up at Bell:
- Bell’s supervision starts at 9:05am, please be sure not to leave students unattended on campus prior to 9:05.
- If driving - Have your students have their attestation form in hand and backpack on their back ready to hop out.
- If walking, have your student line up in the walker line with their attestation for in hand
- Lift up your student's name card when you pull up to the green tent
- If you are walking to pick-up your student, please wait on the grass lawn next to the undercover area, soccer field, or blacktop.
Lake Washington School District Resources
- Kindergarten Registration -If you live in Lake Washington School District (LWSD) and your child will be five years old on or before August 31, 2021, it is time to register your child for Kindergarten! Register here. Registration for all K-12 LWSD students is online.
- Free Student Meals - Free lunches and breakfasts are available through the district. More info
- Child Care Resources - The district is continuing to work with their community partners, YMCA and Boys & Girls Clubs of King County to offer child care. More info.
- Technology Support - Lake Washington School District is committed to providing 24x7 technology support for students and families during this year of remote teaching and learning. More info
Given the unique circumstances of remote learning, progress reports look a little different this year. Below please find links to a letter explaining this year's progress reports/grading, as well as steps to access your student's progress report card in Skyward Family Access
CHADD - Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD) is the nation's leading nonprofit organization serving people affected by ADHD.
Eastside Pathways published these videos for Spanish speaking families in the Lake Washington and Bellevue School Districts to help them access important information on the districts’ websites and to better navigate processes within each district. Video 1 Video 2
Family & Community Engagement – from the U.S. Department of Education – a framework for schools, teachers, and families to build and support family engagement
Friends of Youth providing shelter and resources to homeless teens
Lake Washington PTSA Council - Brown Bag Lunch - This series consists of short presentations and discussions on topics of interest to all community members, from noon – 1 pm on select Thursdays
Notes from the Backpack – Podcast from the National PTA for parents with answers questions about homework, bullying, school discipline, the transition to middle school and more.
Office of the Education Ombuds (OEO) – OEO promotes equity in education by working with families and schools to remove barriers so that every student can fully participate in, and benefit from, public education in the State of Washington.
ParentMap – provides trusted, innovative, and award-winning editorial content through a variety of media to support parents in their most essential role: that of their child’s first and most important teacher.
Safe Kids Worldwide – interactive tool to keep your home safe and prevent injuries in your own home!
Washington State Family and Community Engagement Trust – a non-profit dedicated to building the capacity of schools, families and communities to work together for the education and well-being of children and youth.
Youth Eastside Services (YES) – one of the largest providers of youth and family counseling and substance abuse services in the Puget Sound.
- Monday, August 9
- Wednesday, August 11
- Thursday, August 12
- Friday, August 13
- Tuesday, August 17
- Monday, August 23
- Wednesday, September 1