Below are links to announcements and resources that may be beneficial to the Bell community
- Bell PTSA communications
- Bell Elementary Communications:
- Lake Washington School District Communications:
Local COVID PCR Testing Resources
We know how challenging it can be to find appointments for PCR testing. Below is a list of local testing sites. If you have a test site you recommend, please share it with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Evergreen Urgent Care (Redmond - Bella Bottega)
8980 161st Avenue Northeast #320, Redmond, WA 98052
Insurance: Most Major Health Plans
- Swedish Urgent Care (Union Hill Road)
18100 NE Union Hill Road, Redmond, WA 98052
Insurance: Most Major Health Plans
- Seattle Covid Area Network – SCAN
Free testing – Delivered to and picked up from your home
Register at the following website for more information:
Seattle Coronavirus Assessment Network Study | (scanpublichealth.org)
- City of Seattle - UW Drive through Testing Location (Husky Stadium)
UW Husky Stadium E1 Parking lot
Montlake Blvd NE & Walla Walla Rd, Seattle, WA 98105
Insurance: Free testing, no insurance required
Register for same day appointment here:
- GS Labs Bellevue
520 112th Ave. NE, Suite 160, Bellevue, WA 98004
Insurance: Most Major Commercial Insurance accepted
- GS Labs rapid testiing - https://gslabstesting.com/covid-rapid-testing-locations/#Washington
Lake Washington School District Resources
- Kindergarten Registration - Register here. Registration for all K-12 LWSD students is online.
- Free Student Meals - Free lunches and breakfasts are available through the district. More info
- Child Care Resources - The district offers extended day child care at some schools (including Bell) and works with their community partners, the YMCA and Boys & Girls Clubs of King County, to offer additional child care options. More info.
- Technology Support - Lake Washington School District is committed to providing 24x7 technology support for students and families during this year of remote teaching and learning. More info
Below is a link with steps to access your student's progress report card in Skyward Family Access
CHADD - Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD) is the nation's leading nonprofit organization serving people affected by ADHD.
Eastside Pathways published these videos for Spanish speaking families in the Lake Washington and Bellevue School Districts to help them access important information on the districts’ websites and to better navigate processes within each district. Video 1 Video 2
Family & Community Engagement – from the U.S. Department of Education – a framework for schools, teachers, and families to build and support family engagement
Friends of Youth providing shelter and resources to homeless teens
Lake Washington PTSA Council - Brown Bag Lunch - This series consists of short presentations and discussions on topics of interest to all community members, from noon – 1 pm on select Thursdays
Notes from the Backpack – Podcast from the National PTA for parents with answers questions about homework, bullying, school discipline, the transition to middle school and more.
Office of the Education Ombuds (OEO) – OEO promotes equity in education by working with families and schools to remove barriers so that every student can fully participate in, and benefit from, public education in the State of Washington.
ParentMap – provides trusted, innovative, and award-winning editorial content through a variety of media to support parents in their most essential role: that of their child’s first and most important teacher.
Safe Kids Worldwide – interactive tool to keep your home safe and prevent injuries in your own home!
Washington State Family and Community Engagement Trust – a non-profit dedicated to building the capacity of schools, families and communities to work together for the education and well-being of children and youth.
Youth Eastside Services (YES) – one of the largest providers of youth and family counseling and substance abuse services in the Puget Sound.
- Wednesday, May 18
- Thursday, May 19
- Friday, May 20