Bell PTSA continues to prioritize sustainability in our schools and in our community (visit our Green Team page to learn more). We want to continue this work both at Bell and in each of our homes and neighborhoods. While we can't come together in person this year, we can continue this important work as a community. We can make a significant impact by doing our part (e.g., reducing plastic use, recycling, planting trees, reducing consumption, driving less, supporting companies who use sustainable materials, contacting our legislators, etc.). And we can teach our children the importance of taking care of our planet through our actions, each and every day.
In celebration of Earth Day on April 22, Bell PTSA will be doing the following:
During the month of April we will spotlight a few things you can do at home and as part of our community to support our planet. These will be shared weekly via the Bulldog Blast.
- Bell PTSA has partnered with Nature Vision to provide the following virtual programs to all Bell students. These programs will teach our students about our environment, animals within our environment, and the importance of taking care of our water and planet (visit our virtual enrichment page for supporting materials and activities for each of these video lessons):
- Toadally Amphibians (K-2) - Introduction and Slideshow Lesson Video with Subtitles
- Toadally Amphibians (3-5) - Introduction and Slideshow Lesson Video with Subtitles
- Salmon Cycle (K-2) - Introduction and Slideshow Lesson Video with Subtitles
- Salmon Cycles (3-5) - Introduction and Slideshow Lesson Video with Subtitles
- Healthy Water, Healthy Soil (K-2) - Introduction and Slideshow Lesson Video with Subtitles
- Healthy Water, Healthy Soil (3-5) - Introduction and Slideshow Lesson Video with Subtitles
On Saturday, April 24th (time: any time you prefer), we will celebrate Earth Day with a Bell Community Clean-Up. Grab a garbage bag (preferably a compostable one) and your kiddos, then head out on a walk and pick up any garbage you see (either at Bell or on your local streets). This is a simple way to show our children that our actions matter and that we must prioritize taking care of our planet. We hope to see a number of you in the neighborhood when we are out picking up litter!! And please take pictures and upload them toTreeRing or email them to email@example.com. We will add these photos to our yearbook.
Do you have any feedback on ways we can nurture our community? We would love to hear them. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monday, April 19
- Tuesday, April 20
- Wednesday, April 21
- Thursday, April 22
- Saturday, April 24
- Tuesday, April 27
- Wednesday, April 28