We are thrilled to announce that we're bringing back the school play! As with most of our educational enrichment programs, this too will look a bit different--we're going virtual.
Ever wanted to be a pirate? Or a god/goddess from Greek times with infinite power? Maybe a wolf or one of the goats trying to outsmart it? Or possibly a sneaky cat pretending to love a mouse? We are looking for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students interesting in acting out these fairy tale roles in a video conferencing format and, when ready, we will “record” them into a short video format. Depending on the number of students involved, we will likely split each tale for a 60-90 minute rehearsal on one day per week for 6 weeks. We will cover the various details at the online parent meeting but the intent is for the students to create these series of lesser-known fairy tale stories that will be openly shared with the Bell community each week.
INFORMATION MEETING: Thursday, February 10 at 7pm (video of recorded information session)
PARTICIPATION FORM REQUIRED:
- To enroll your student (3rd, 4th, and 5th grade only), please complete and return the school play participation form (scroll down to the "new forms").
- The completed form is your student's participation reservation. Limited to 30 actors, accepted in the order received.
- Participation forms are due by 4pm on Monday, February 14.
- The cost is $75 per student.
- The fee will not be a barrier to any student that wants to participate. If you need a scholarship to participate, please register using the school play form (scroll down to the "new forms") and enter the code PLAYSCHOLARSHIP in the promo code field when checking out.
- A list of parent responsibilities can be found at parent.broadway bulldogs.org.
- In order to make play participation more accessible to all students, we have removed the PTSA membership requirement. However, every virtual rehearsal sessions MUST have a chaperone who is a PTSA member (for insurance/liability purposes). Therefore, we encourage all parents who can volunteer to please do so.
MANDATORY PARENT MEETING: Tuesday, February 15 at 7pm (link to meeting will be sent to those enrolled).
- The “auditions” will take place on Tuesday February 22 after school.
- Students are encouraged to find a 30 to 90 second monologue to perform at the online audition but it is not required. You can find monologues at monologue.broadwaybulldogs.org, in monologue books from KCLS or with a Google search.
- If your student does not have a monologue prepared, we will have them read something.
- We will discuss the process at the information session on Thursday, February 10 (link to join in the Bulldog Blast).
- Rehearsals will be February 23 - April 1 from 4:30-6pm (M/T/Th/F) and 3:00-4:30 on Wednesdays.
- Each student will likely be rehearsing one day per week. The rehearsal days for your student will be determined after they have registered and been assigned to a group by the director.
- Wednesday, May 18
- Thursday, May 19
- Friday, May 20